Hello! We stayed in Altai yesterday to have a rest day (for both ourselves and the van). Got a mechanic to put new transmission fluid in and repair the underbody protection, so hopefully it'll hold long enough to get to the finishing line. Gears grind horribly when you change, so it'll be a good idea if the charity rally people start researching LDV transmission repairs for when we arrive.
Had a icy cold shower this morning, which was most appreciated.
We set off in an hour or so, so if you don't hear from us for 4 days start contacting international rescue. I think Thunderbird 2 will be the most appropriate rescue vehicle....
See you on the other side of the Gobi!