The Route – This is the proposed route at present and is liable to change, worth a read though to understand the scale of the venture we propose!
- The EU (The boring roady bit), Paris/Fontain bleu, Munich, Bratislava, Budapest, Novi Sad (Exit Festival), Belgrade, the Djerdap Gap, Sofia, Istanbul, Skirting the bottom of the Black Sea.
- Cross the Turkish border into Armeniaskimming Mount Aragats at 4095m high.
- Azerbaijan- Where we will be passing through the Caucasus mountain range arriving at the port town ofBakuto get a ferry across theCaspian sea
- Turkmenistan- We plan to head NE Over the Karakum Desert, which covers 80% of the country.
- Uzbekistan- is more of the same passing though Kyzyl Kum desert and skirting the foothills of Khazret Sultan the tallest peak in the country.
- Kyrgyzstan-occasionally referred to as "the Switzerland of Central Asia", is the mountainous region of the Tian Shan covering over 80% of the country.
- Visa Dependent – China. Xinjang. I personally would love to cross the Eurasian pole of inaccessibility the point of land remotest from the sea in the Dzoosotoyn Elisen Desert, and then continuing to work our way through the rest of Tian Shan mountain range to the Mongolian border.
- If acquiring a Visa is too tough we will take on the massive steppes inKazakhstan.
- Finally we will enter Mongolia, partially crossing the Gobi Desert and moving onto the grass plain steppes which covers much ofMongolia. 10000 long miles later we will arrive in the capital of Mongolia Ulaanbaatar.
So many inhospitable and testing environments for us to endure! Sat less than 50 cm away from each other… for 2 months… probably the bigger test of endurance!