Help by donating to charity now at http://www.justgiving.com/ulaanambulance
Jack, Sam, Tom & Chris are driving around 10,000 miles in an ambulance taking 4-6 weeks across desserts, mountain ranges and conflict zones in a rally aiming to get to Mongolia.
Health care in Mongolia is looked after by the state and various charities. Despite this Mongolia’s 3 million people are spread over an area equal to Western Europe, meaning many sick people face a 3 day trip to get to a hospital. Therefore the country lacks the ability to deliver adequate medical services. The result is enormous strain on the health care system. It is essential to have an adequate fleet of ambulances, which Mongolia does not have. Currently most ambulances are small retired Russian military jeeps which are well past their useful life spans.
What we are doing?
We have purchased a fully functioning frontline Ford Transit Ambulance which we intend to drive to Mongolia and donate to the medical services. This small deed should help save many lives during the next decade.
In addition to donating the ambulance, we need raise £1000 for the charity Go Help; this is a UK run charity that aims to support some of the poorest families and communities in Mongolia. Projects they support include:
1. Fodder handouts for cattle herders; preventing famine.
2. Scholarship programme for the poorest students.
3. School library projects.
4. Employment for young people with disabilities.
5. Support for Children’s Development Centre/Mobile Health Clinic.
6. Child Protection House-annual provision of sanitary goods (Centre for Against Violence).
7. Renovating nurseries and schools.
8. Healthy eating and lifestyle; personal hygiene educational workshops and information distribution for children.
If you want to donate what ever you can to help this cause use this link: http://www.justgiving.com/ulaanambulance
Many Thanks x