Good Day to you! Thank you for giving us some of your time and looking at what has become our baby...YEEEAH BUGGY! If you have had the speal from one of us already and are just looking for the donation pages then here they are just below (if you want to learn about the expedition skip past the links):
Our Charity Page:
Our 'Yeeeah Buggy' expedition donations page (you guys helping us get 'Hayley' the buggy to Mongolia - and back!!)
What we are about and What we Plan
Welcome to team Yeeeah Buggy, we are a team of two, a Paul Clark and a Glenn Bushnell who met in Sheffield several years ago. We unified through our love for rock climbing and mountain biking in the Peak District. We have taken our streak for adventure and adrenaline one step further and signed up to take part in the Mongolia Rally to help raise money for the charity Go help in a beach buggy!
The campaign has been a dream of mine (Paul) since I left university, I have spent a year and a half saving and developing ideas for this exploration! I love the idea of Raw travelling, witnessing different cultures, gaining some of the most amazing life experiences whilst also having the power to help others. So please help us make this project into a reality, and in return get to follow the highs and the lows of our trip this summer!
This is a massive and epic drive, involving 10000 miles of some of the hardest and most dangerous roads, bandits, dodgy border crossings, and in total traverses 5 deserts and 2 mountain ranges!’
The Route – This is the proposed route at present and is liable to change, worth a read though understand the scale of the venture we propose!
- We get underway on the 7th of July from Woburn Safari Park heading round London to Dover, sailing across the channel and head 1north east to Brugge, get some beautiful pictures of the Bug in its first UNESCO World Heritage Site... and After a light lunch we are off to Munich via Luxemburg. 5 countries in one day(we hope)!
- After relaxing in Munich we will head to Ljubianna and then onto the Plitvisce Lakes in Croatia. Bringing our total countries to 8.
- We hope to move onto Tisno on the Croatian coast next for Garden Festival where we will rest our wheels for a few days!!
- We will then drive to Sarajevo in Bosnia and Herzegovina because I have been so close so many times but never made it!
- From Sarajevo we hope to move over the border to Novi Sad Serbia for the latter stages of Exit Festival hopefully acquiring photo opportunities in the Petrovaradin Fortress and after this we will move onto Bulgaria's capital, Sofia and then onto Istanbul where we hope to move over onto our 2nd continent. 12 Countries.
- After getting embroiled in Turkish Culture we will head across the 'stunning' coastline skirting the Black Sea.
- We are then unsure due to dodgy border crossings, either Georgia quickly to Azerbaijan's Baku via the Caucasus mountain range. Once in Baku we will blag a ferry across the Caspian Sea to Turkmenbashi, Turkmenistan. Failing that we will drive through Iran.
- After crossing Turkmenistan’s Karakum Desert we will head to Samarkand in Uzbekistan after being advised that some of the world’s most stunning mosques are situated here. We will the depart our 16th Country and head to Dushanbe in Tajikistan; here we will tidy up the buggy and stock up for the Pamir Highway.
- We will be disregarding the Governments recommendation to stay 'at least 100km away from the Afghan border' and be within throwing distance. The Pamir Highway is the 2nd highest road in the world. This will be an absolute test of endurance for the buggy and us! Your products could help us through!
- The highway ends in Osh, Kyrgyzstan. From Osh we head north to Almaty crossing the Dolon Pass into Kazakhstan where we continue north east to the Russian border. We then leave the Stans behind and head to the Mongolian border.
- From here we will be running Steppe by Steppe to the ancient capital of Ulaanbaatar!
So many inhospitable and testing environments for us to endure! Sat less than 50 cm away from each other… for 2 months… probably the bigger test of endurance!
The Impact of your Contribution
This novel fundraising exercise will help Go help deliver their goals and objectives and guarantee the success of the Mongolia charity rally for years to come, helping to develop Mongolia for the long term. Go helps goals are as follows:
- To enable access to primary healthcare through the provision, distribution and maintenance of emergency vehicles.
- To foster local talent, through providing scholarships and employment opportunities for young people.
- To support education projects which provide opportunities for literacy and self-improvement.
- To facilitate the placement of skilled health & education volunteers with the aim of enhancing the capacity of local communities.
Secondly, the money raised will help Glenn and I achieve our dream and you to get perks such as a roofbox pixel's or You control us Perk and finally Legendary status (explained further down the webpage).
Thirdly, the money will be invested in an excellent modern day adventure story, which you as a contributor will be able to follow almost day by day witnessing stories about being chased by a herds of Yak’s, or Sven the border guard taking a particular shine to Glenn, or seeing pictures of vastly unexplored territories amongst many other amazing and crazy experiences I can’t quite fathom whilst sat behind my computer screen in the safety of my home!
What We Need & What You Get
We have already spent a hefty amount on acquiring the buggy, joining the rally and conducting maintenance work on the vehicle and ourselves, rabbies injections are not cheap! Your contribution will help relieve the financial stress we have placed on ourselves and help us spend time promoting our cause and raising awareness and money for Go Help.
So to relieve some stress please help us get up and passed our £1000 threshold so Go help can allow us on the rally! http://www.justgiving.com/YeeeahBuggy
If you'd like to assist our buggy effort financially please look at http://www.indiegogo.com/yeeeah-buggy?a=508518 (in return for your cash you can be awarded perks, such as the ability to decorate the buggy with a picture or message or design from you! to making us dance in a desert singing your favourite song on youtube...)
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can’t contribute and even if you have, there are other great ways you can help us! We are firm believers that the wider the word spreads the more successful Yeeeah Buggy’s project will become! You can do this by doing one or all of the suggestions below!
- If you like the scheme we propose please don’t hesitate to become members of go helps charity rallies pages by creating a profile and become supporters of yeeeah buggy at http://mongolia.charityrallies.org/yeeeeah-buggy and share us among your friends or whover you feel might be interested in supporting our adventure!
- Become friends with Yeeeah buggy on facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003646156683 and share with your friends!
- Follow us on twitter @YeeeahBuggy.
- If you would like to be a physical part of Yeeeah Buggy and help us get on the road please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Watch us on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8V6p4OZugE... Like us and share us with your friends!
- And finally Go into the street hitting a frying pan with a big metal spoon screaming Yeeeah Buggy!!!
A million thank you's for reading about our expedition, I hope the perks continue to entertain you and hope to speak to you guys via email/facebook/twitter soon!
So thank you for looking at Yeeeah buggy and If you feel compelled to donate know that it will be extremely appreciated by us, go help and the causes the charity helps!
Donations to Go help can be made here: http://www.justgiving.com/YeeeahBuggy
Donations to Yeeeah buggies fundraising effort can be made here: http://www.indiegogo.com/yeeeah-buggy?a=508518
If you'd like to follow us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003646156683
If you'd like to follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/YeeeahBuggy